Originating in the Punjab region of Northern Indian Butter Chicken combines succulent chicken pieces with a rich creamy sauce.
- Melt ghee (or oil) in saucepan and fry chopped onion until golden.
- Add chicken pieces and fry until lightly browned.
- Stir in 1 tblspn
- Fry lightly for 1-2 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and continue to fry lightly.
- Add water for consistency.
- Cover and cook on medium heat until meat is tender and sauce thickens.
- Prior to serving add ½ cup of cream.
- Warm through and serve with Basmati and rice and traditional Indian breads.
If you do not have tomato paste, add 1 can of crushed tomatoes and omit the water from the recipe