1 Tablespoon of oil
500g minced meat
˝ cup of water
˝ teaspoon Seven Seas minced garlic
˝ teaspoon Seven Seas minced ginger
2 teaspoons Maharajah's Choice curry powder
˝ can of 400 ml tinned tomatoes
1 large onion chopped (or equal quantity of Maharajah's fried dehydrated onion
Salt to taste
1 teaspoon of stock powder - optional
˝ cup of Frozen Peas
1 teaspoon of Maharajah’s Choice Garam Masala
- Heat oil (to medium heat) and fry onions (if using fresh onions) until golden brown.
- Add minced garlic and ginger, fry for about 1 minute then add curry powder and fry for approx. 2 more minutes stirring constantly. Make sure that heat is not too high and curry powder fries (not burns).
- Add minced meat and water. Stir until mince is separated.
- Add tomatoes, salt (and or stock powder), garam masala and dehydrated onions (if fresh are not used earlier).
- Cook on low heat for about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Add frozen peas, warm through.
- Serve with rice or bread.
- This recipe makes very good filling for jaffles and is also delicious on toast.
This recipe can be varied in lots of ways for example:
1. Add diced potatoes (at the same time as tomatoes). The amount of potatoes depends on your taste (suggest 2 -3)
2. Add capsicums (all three colours look nice). You can choose to put them in at the end or when you add tomatoes. Try both.
3. Carrots, potatoes plus peas is another nice variation.
4. Use ˝ can of coconut milk instead of tomatoes.
5. Add chopped mushrooms (with or without peas). This goes well with coconut milk.
6. Add chopped coriander leaves (not with capsicums).
7. Add mint and peas (not with capsicums)
As you can see this is a very flexible recipe. Please use your own ideas.