Lentils cooked with onions, tomatoes, mustard seed and garlic
2 Cups Red Lentils
½ cup chopped tinned tomatoes
2 cloves of garlic – crushed
½ tspn crushed ginger
1 tspn mustard seeds
Mixed Spices (cumin Seeds and Whole Red Chilli)
- Wash then soak lentils for 4 hours.
- Boil lentils for 30 minutes or until soft.
- Add oil to pan and fry onion until golden.
- Add mustard seeds and fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add garlic and ginger fry a further 1 minute.
- Add remaining mixed spices and fry a further 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and curry leaves.
- Add lentils and stir through. Season with salt if required.
- Bring to boil and serve garnished with coriander leaves.